Lineman 2nd Year Scholarship Online Form
Lineworker Scholarship Application - Year 2
Freeborn-Mower Cooperative Services (FMCS) has a Lineworker Scholarship Program. Two (2) $1,000 scholarships, will be awarded yearly. The scholarships have been established to assist students pursuing a post-secondary education in an electric utility lineworker program
- Any applicant enrolling in a lineworker program or any applicant who can prove they are on a waiting list for the next open enrollment period. Preference will be given to FMCS members and residents of Freeborn County and Mower County.
- Student must have, at the time of application, a 2.5 grade point average and maintain a 2.5 grade point average during their first term of college.
- No student shall be excluded for race, creed, color, sex or national origin.
- Applicant must be enrolling in a program leading to certificate to work in the electrical lineworker field.
- Applications must be received by May 1st
- The scholarship committee will evaluate all applications. The selection will be based upon the application, the essay questions, and the ability of the student to maintain a 2.5 grade point average during their first term of college.
- Notification of the award will be made by a member of the FMCS scholarship committee or designee.
- Payments will be made through the financial aid office of the recipient’s college or university. Fifty percent (50%) will be paid at the beginning of the school year and fifty percent (50%) following receipt of a letter and transcript from the student, to the cooperative, at the end of their first term.
Application and supporting documents are due by May 1st
Attn: Mary Nelson
Freeborn-Mower Cooperative Services
PO Box 611, Albert Lea, MN 56007
Applications submitted without an essay will not be considered.
1. What do you consider your most important contribution or achievement you experienced in your first year of the Lineworker Program?
We'd Like To Hear From You...
As a member of an electric cooperative, you have a voice.
Click here to submit a comment or question.